Wednesday 24 July 2013

'Punarvivaah': Rubina Dilaik calls it quits

`Punarvivaah`: Rubina Dilaik calls it quits



It has been barely two months after her Zee TV show 'Punarvivaah... Ek Nayi Umeed' has gone on air, and the lead actress Rubina Dilaik has already made plans to move on from the show.

Rubina who plays the role of Divya, has put in her papers and taken a decision to move on.

Sources inform that Rubina was not happy with the way her onscreen character Divya was shaping up in the show.

So the actress decided to speak to the production house and after a long discussion, the actress and the production house amicably ended their association.

"The show was narrated to me as being Divya's show, a show of a television actress whose real life love story was to be depicted on the screen. However, after a week, things did not seem to go the way that was narrated to me, " said Rubina.

"Recently, I was even kept out of the Maha-Sangam episode yet I was promoting the show from my end."

On her association with the channel, Rubina said, " I am indebted to the channel for whatever it has done for me. I have a long association with the channel and their team has always paved a way for my entry into the show, as well kept me in the forefront when it came to marketing and promoting the show.

"The channel was always keen on having me in the show and I really thank them for it but somewhere down the line, the writers could not put me in the correct place of the story.`

Even after deciding to quit the show, Rubina has no hard feelings for the production house.

She said, "Nevertheless, it is the best production house I have worked with so far. They are very humble people and I really appreciate the fact that they called me for a meeting and things got mutually settled."

No comments:

Post a Comment