Saturday 29 June 2013

My biggest strength is my gift of the gab: Malaika Arora Khan

My biggest strength is my gift of the gab: Malaika Arora Khan


Malaika Arora Khan who has been lying low, talks about her life as an entrepreneur

After scorching the screen with her act in Pandeyji Seeti from Dabangg 2, Malaika Arora Khan has been lying low as far as film appearances are concerned.

However, the lady is busy with her business ventures. Here's what Malaika had to say about life as an entrepreneur to CS:



Life is a journey
I have always taken life as it comes, and tried to give it my best. The same philosophy applies to my entrepreneurial life as well. What I love about being a businesswoman is the fact that it is a 24x7 job. You just can't take time off. The very task of keeping a business afloat is a huge challenge in itself. I am learning the ropes, and hope to venture into other avenues as well.

Beauty and the boardroom
Women with a strong business acumen can be glamorous as well. Nothing can stop a woman from enjoying her feminine side. According to me, my biggest strength is my gift of the gab. I can talk my way out of any situation. Moreover, I am extremely hard-working and a hands-on person.


My inspiration
I am a Mumbai girl, and this city really supports the spirit of entrepreneurship. Right from the woman who makes tiffins for office-goers to the guys who sell trinkets in the train, people here believe that where there's a will there's a way. I feel that every woman should explore and challenge herself in life. All of us have the latent potential that just needs a little push.

Time management
Women are born multi-taskers, and we can manage our time quite well. I try and lead a disciplined life as much as possible. At the same time, I believe that delegation is very important in the modern world.

You should learn to prioritise and take on tasks in order of their importance. Though all of us would love to do many things on our own, we just can't do them all. Somewhere, women should draw the line and create that little time for themselves.


Bonding with the family
I love to de-stress by spending time with my kids. Nothing beats their innocence and enthusiasm. Cooking for family and friends is another hobby of mine. Once in a while, I like to go for a nice lunch with all my girlfriends too.

No comments:

Post a Comment