Friday 28 June 2013

Abbas Tyrewala launches his new film called 'Mango'

Abbas Tyrewala launches his new film called `Mango`


The season of mangoes is upon us and Abbas Tyrewala's upcoming film that shares its name with the king of fruits has just gone on the floors in Goa

The film stars Swara Bhaskar, Chandan Roy Sanyal and Rannvijay Singha. The project also marks the acting debut of Rannvijay's younger brother Harman and singer Monali Thakur.

Abbas, who has also penned the script, says, `We are a mango-crazy nation. And the fruit finds a pivotal place in our film.`

With several newbies working in his film, the director says, `I prefer working with newcomers as it is easier. It is the film that makes an actor. Not the other way round. Sometimes with big star releases, Eid doesn't sound like Eid. But thankfully now, we are in a phase when people are ready to accept newer actors and take risks.`

For Monali, it was her friendship with Abbas' wife Pakhi that helped her bag the project. She says, `I know Pakhi for a long time now and we were working on a film together. She recommended my name for this film. I wanted to do films but for that I had to undergo a transformation as actors need to look a certain way.`

The singer-turned-actress however says that her acting debut will not halt her music career.

Harman was assisting Abbas when he received an offer to act.

`I didn't know much about acting but Abbas forced me to give it a try. I have a few more scripts in hand that I am discussing about with several production companies.`

No comments:

Post a Comment