Monday 29 April 2013

I never suggest Kalki on her choice of films: Anurag Kashyap


Anurag Kashyap, who is one of the most influential directors of Bollywood, doesn’t shy away from saying that his wifey, actor Kalki Koechlin is his biggest critic and she is free to choose her own films. The director pretty straight forwardly mentioned that he never suggests anything to her.

While exclusively chatting to Dailybhaskar.com, AK said, “I never suggest Kalki to choose her films. She is a strong individual and a very independent person. I never suggest anything to her on her choice of films.”

When further asked whether how does the couple relate to each other creatively as both are contemporary in their respective ways, to which he stated, “Creatively we fight a lot, we fight and debate a lot. For me, Kalki has benefited my films a lot with her sharp critical nature. I have always liked her to read my scripts and see my films. She is extremely honest, brutally honest sometimes. Her opinions matter a lot and that’s what changes my films. She is someone who has turned my life around.”

Anurag Kashyap is all set for his multi directorial venture, ‘Bombay talkies’ that will have other 3 short films directed by ace directors, Karan Johar, Dibakar Banerjee and Zoya Akhtar. The film is made to celebrate 100 years of Indian cinema and is already selected for the Cannes Film Festival in celebration for the Indian Film’s centenary.

No comments:

Post a Comment