Tuesday 30 April 2013

I could have ruled Bollywood: Dharmendra


Mumbai, April 30 -- Dharmendra has been one of the biggest superstars the industry has witnessed. And his fans still love and adore him the way they did during his heyday. But nowadays, the actor, unlike some of his contemporaries such as Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi Kapoor, is not being offered good films and meaty roles. Dharmendra did not sign any film for four years even after appearing in significant roles in 2007 releases Life In A Metro, Apne and Johnny Gaddar.
He complains that filmmakers have not offered him good scripts since then. "I'll do a film only if it's a great script. But now, I sit at home and find stories on my own. What can I do if no one approaches me with good films?" he says.
Recently, Dharmendra was seen in Yamla Pagla Deewana (2011) and Tell Me O Kkhuda (2011). His next is a sequel to Yamla Pagla Deewana, which is scheduled to release this year. He claims that he never used his star power to grab films and pull back other actors.
"If I wanted to I could have ruled Bollywood in the '70s and '80s. I had the power to make all the stars sit at home and do all their films. But I didn't do that," says Dharmendra. "I am not here to be in the audience's mind, but I will always be in my fans' hearts. That's the most significant and valued thing that an actor can achieve."

No comments:

Post a Comment