Wednesday 27 February 2013

Jennifer Lawrence flaunts middle finger at Oscar backstage




22 year Jennifer Lawrence who won the Best Actress Oscar for her work in 'Silver Linings Playbook' made headlines at the 85th Academy Awards. First she had an oophs moment when she fell down while collecting her Oscar award. Her gown stuck and she got imbalanced then the next moment she again hogged the limelight when the actress made a shocking gesture. At the backstage she flaunted her middle finger. While posing for photographs, she hold her Oscar trophy on one hand and showed her middle finger with unlikable facial expression.
Immediately, Jennifer Lawrence changed her gesture and posed for the camera. After posing for the shutterbugs, she said sorry for her expression and explained that she was drunk before the event. "I'm sorry. I did a shot before I, sorry," she said.
When reporters asked her what was she thinking on her way to the stage, she replied, "A bad word that I can't say that starts with 'F'."
Jennifer Lawrence said that she felt embarrassed when she fell down and she was totally black and did not even know that Bradley Cooper of Les Miserables star Hugh Jackman had rushed to her rescue. Jen later blamed the fall on her heavy Christian Dior haute couture gown.
"I just heard about that. Because I didn't know, because I was in my cloud of, 'I want to die'," she explained. "I had no idea - that actually fixes the whole moment!"
Jackman, who lost out on the best actor award to Daniel Day-Lewis, felt that Jen did not need any help.
“I was feeling for her. I thought, 'She's caught in that thing and she's falling into the abyss!' But she was fine - she didn't need me," he said.
After winning the award Jennifer Lawrence said that she was feeling "really, really, really good".
"You guys all knew and nobody told me?" she joked. "Of course I was shocked. I can't believe all of you guys were like, 'Oh, oh', and I've been walking around shaking like a Chihuahua this whole time", she concluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment