Wednesday 30 January 2013

My dad really liked my album, Priyanka Chopra




Priyanka Chopra first tasted success with the film “Fashion”. She won the “Best Actress” award for the film in 2008 and since then has not felt the need to look back.
Her last film that released at the theatres was “Barfi!”. She received tremendous adulation from the audiences and the critics.
Now she has also ventured into singing. She has released her debut international single that has been titled “In My City”. The song has been a hit and Priyanka has also won three nominations in World Music Awards.
A source added, “Her music has been liked a lot in the west. She has been nominated under two categories — Best Debut, and Best Song. Her collaboration with Will.i.am for ‘In my city’ has been received well.”
However, recently the video of her song has been released. The video has been made keeping in mind Bollywood. She expressed her desire to let the world know about Bollywood.
Priyanka said, “I wanted to give it an Indian flavour in terms of dancing. I wanted the world to see what Bollywood is all about.”
She also added, “I wanted that the identity of the song should be Indian. I am very India-proud. When people see my video, they must feel that Bollywood is like this.”
Talking about the style that has been incorporated in the video she said, “it`s a fusion and amalgamation which will be enjoyed in west and India.”
Speaking about the one person she first showed her video, she said, “I showed the video to my dad first. He is not well and has been in the hospital for a while now. He really liked it, specially the namaste which I do.” It has also been reported that the actress has recorded 45 new songs but is not ready to give any insights on them.
She also revealed that from now on she would love to sing the songs for her own films. She said, “This is just the beginning. I am waiting for the entire album to come out.”
Priyanka currently is busy shooting for her film “Zanjeer” which is a remake of the original by the same name. The film is being directed by Apporva Lakhia who directed “Shootout at Lokhandwala” in the year 2007.
This film stars Sanjay Dutt, Ram Charan and Sonu Sood. It will release in two languages- Hindi and Tamil. The film’s release date tentatively is the 23rd of March

No comments:

Post a Comment