Thursday 31 January 2013

Cricketer Harbhajan Singh turns singer




Harbhajan Singh is one of the most talented cricketers of the Indian Cricket Team. The 32 year old, however, now seems to be treading on a new career path.
The cricketer has now taken to singing. He has sung a Punjabi song titled “Ek Suneha” and has posted its link on his Facebook pages and Twitter.
He tweeted saying, “Watch my first song ever sung by me on youtube.. type harbhajan singh-ik suneha ..thanks alot for ur love and support guys... bless (sic).”
His friends from the world of cricket Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh have also helped their friend in promoting his first song on the website.
However, this which seems like a song is actually a recital. This humorous poem has been composed by Sanjay Glory.
Earlier the cricketer has also walked on ramps. He also let his hair loose for a modelling contract with a whiskey brand. He also participated in dance reality shows. Harbhajan thus have always had a colourful life outside cricket.
He has now also decided to produce films. In an interview in Chandigarh, the cricketer said, “I am in talks with the leading actors in Bollywood and the Punjabi film industry. I have also finalised the directors for the two movies I am going to produce. The movies will be comedies and will entertain audiences in India and abroad.”
He also added, “Most of the cricketers are doing side businesses apart from playing the sport, so why should I be left behind. I feel there is a lot of money in making films and since Punjabi cinema is doing good, this is a lucrative option for me.”
When asked if would want to act in films, he said, “Cricket is my passion, it is my first love. So I will not act in my movies as they will just be a side business for me.”
Harbhajan’s decision to get into singing and production was propelled when he was omitted from the Indian National Squad. Thus to make most of the free time the cricketer has decided to recite poetry and produce Punjabi films.
This however, is not the first time that cricketers have indulged in things outside cricket. Sandeep Patil and Sunil Gavaskar have acted in films before. Sanjay Manjrekar and Vinod Kambhli have sung before. Sreesanth is part of a band whereas Wasim Akram recently appeared in a rap video. However, Harbhajan seems to have garnered the maximum attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment