Monday 31 December 2012

Naomi Watts smitten by Aamir Khan



Aamir Khan’s TV debut ‘Satyamev Jayate’ has not only stirred the entire India but the show has also left a great impact in the West and one of the Hollywood celebrities who is highly influenced by the show is Naomi Watts. She expressed her ardent desire to participate on Aamir’s show ‘Satyamev Jayate’ and create awareness about the rehabilitation of Tsunami and earthquake victims.
“I would like to participate in Aamir Khan’s show, which is a fantastic platform, to create awareness about the rehabilitation of Tsunami and earthquake victims. It’s been eight years since this tragedy affected so many lives and many are still suffering. There is a sense of urgency required to create awareness for these victims. And, I was told that Aamir Khan’s show has a huge following in India; I think that’s one way to induce people to come forward and help in their own way,” says the 44-year-old, who will be seen playing the role of a real life Tsunami survivor, Maria Belon in her new flick, The Impossible.
The Impossible is based on the true story of a Spanish family who faced the natural disaster in 2004 while vacationing in Thailand. The film will be shown in Indian theatres this week and Watts is planning to come to India to promote her new flick and at the same time meet the real life Tsunami victims here.
Watts also reveals that she is a huge fan of sitar legend late Pt. Ravi Shankar, and feels sad that she could not meet him when he is alive.
“A couple of years back, one of my close friends, a huge George Harrison fan, insisted that I listen to one of Pt. Ravi Shankar’s compositions. Even though I had no knowledge about sitar music, I was mesmerised by his composition. That day onwards, I had always been looking for a chance to sit in the audience and watch Pt. Ravi Shankar perform. But when I read about his demise, I realised that I will never be able to see his performance,” she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment