Monday 31 December 2012

Limits of yummy-mummy Chitrangada

Limits of yummy-mummy Chitrangada

Actress Chitrangada Singh, who features in "Inkaar", a movie which deals with sexual harassment at the workplace, says she knows where to draw the line when it comes to doing bold scenes.

"As long as I am comfortable with my director and the co-stars, I am open to doing the bold scenes. But I do have my own limits and I know where to say no," Chitrangada told in an interview.

"If you are not involved in a scene, your discomfort shows on screen and it makes you look stupid," she added.

As an actor, Chitrangada has opened up to new things - commercial Bollywood movies as well as item numbers.

Chitrangada, who has earlier featured in off-beat films like "Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi" and "Yeh Saali Zindagi", entered the commercial movie zone with "Desi Boyz". She recently also did an item number in the movie "Joker".


"I am more comfortable dancing now than before. Dancing is a lot of fun. I am open to doing item numbers. Let's see if any interesting thing comes up, then I might do it (again)," she said.

Chitrangada started her acting career with Sudhir Mishra's "Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi" and later featured in "Kal: Yesterday and Tomorrow", "Sorry Bhai!", "Basra" and "Yeh Saali Zindagi".

In "Inkaar", she shares the screen space with Arjun Rampal and she guarantees this is Arjun's best work so far.

"Arjun is a very nice human being. He made me feel very comfortable and that energy translates on screen. He is extremely professional. This is Arjun's best work that I have seen," she said.

"Inkaar" is an 'A' certificate movie, but Chitrangada maintains she is choosy with her scripts.

"Yes I am choosy about my scripts. I want to do good roles that suit me. I want to choose the best because I have waited really long to be part of good films. I should be convinced with my role," she said.

She isn't even worried about the competition among Bollywood actresses.

"I don't know about competition, I only choose to do good work that I like," Chitrangada said nonchalantly.


She also says box office numbers don't matter as long as she gets a good film.

"Numbers don't hurt at all. Everybody wants their film to earn as much money, but at the same time, I am greedy to be part of good films. (Of course) I would be happy if my film collects Rs.100 crore," the 36-year-old-said.

No comments:

Post a Comment