Saturday 29 December 2012

Failures don't perturb me: Bipasha

Failures don`t perturb me: Bipasha

Bipasha Basu talks about the highs and lows of 2012 and being comfortable in her own space

The year is coming to an end and Bipasha Basu has her eyes set on 2013. The actress may not be on a film-signing spree but she rules out being part of the 'rat race'. Bips talks about being content in her own space and coming full circle in her career with her last Bhatt film.

Do you have any New Year plans?
Just a couple of days ago, I didn't know whether I'd be celebrating Christmas or not! That's how unorganised I am. So naturally, I don't have any plans for New Year's Eve either but I'll make sure I enjoy it with my dear ones.

What has been the high point of 2012 for you?
There have been several of them. For instance, coming back to the Bhatts - it was like completing a circle. And then the overwhelming reception Raaz 3 received even though my role was evil. For an actor, they say the toughest part is to get accepted playing a villain so I think that was a career high for me.


And what about the low points?
Immediately after Raaz 3, I had swine flu. It was horrible. Even after I recovered, I was having post-traumatic experiences. There were days when I just didn't just have the energy to carry on. For someone as hyperactive as me, it was almost like death. I'm the kind of person who asks for health more than anything else because once I have that, I'll figure out the rest.

What's happening on the Bollywood front?
I'm almost done with my upcoming supernatural film in which I'm co-starring Nawazuddin (Siddiqui) for the first time. It will release in March and then there is Vikram Bhatt's next too. I'm also waiting for Singularity to release. It's been my most delayed project of all time. But I'm positive about it as it's my biggest international film till date and I'm sure that whenever it releases, it'll make an impact.

How is Nawazuddin as a co-star?
Terrific! I don't know how to describe him. We've got many stunning scenes together and I'm impressed with the way he conducts himself. He's a wonderful person to work with.

Do you feel insecure when you're not on a film-signing spree?
I've never been in the rat race. If you read any of my interviews, you'll notice that I never talk about who signed what or why. I don't have that in me. I'm very comfortable in my space. I strongly believe that whatever is due for me will come my way eventually. If I lose on some films, it's OK. They don't change the course of your daily life.


Lastly, is Jodi Breakers 2 happening?
I don't know. Personally, I'd love to team up with Maddy (R Madhavan) again. I can say that he's one of the loveliest people I know and I simply adore as a co-star.

No comments:

Post a Comment