Thursday 22 November 2012

SRK divulges his kids’ reaction on seeing him kiss Katrina



Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan were the only two Khans who had the no-kissing clause for their films. Whereas Shah Rukh Khan had done a few films with lovemaking scenes, Salman even refrained from doing that.
What came as a surprise to all was when the trailer of “Jab Tak Hai Jaan” showed Katrina kissing SRK. SRK for the first time ever has been seen kissing the female lead in this film. This created a lot of buzz with reports even suggesting that Salman is miffed with the two.
There have been many actors in the industry who earlier renounced such acts but ultimately had to give in owing to the demands of the industry or the demands of the script. For SRK he says it was the latter.
The scene shows SRK and Katrina in a lip-lock that ultimately breaks down SRK’s ‘principle’. When quizzed about why he did so in this film he said, “I will be very honest. Adi (Aditya Chopra), Yashji and Katrina, and I say this with all humility and thankfulness to them, that they knew I was awkward, I had issues and I am a very easy actor to work with. They are like my family and they said, ‘You don’t have to do this’ and then they got together and they forced me and then even paid me for it.  So when heroines say that ‘I wore a bikini because the story demanded me to,’ I did it because the story demanded it. Believe me or don’t believe it.”
Media personalities quizzed a little further in another direction then, asking him the reaction of his children when they saw him kiss Katrina Kaif, as this was something new they would see their father do onscreen. SRK to this question said, “For me the film is more than just the kissing scene, and I am an actor and that’s what I do for a living. Not only my kids, (but also) people around here (media), everyone knows that I am an actor. So there is no awkwardness or intense reaction to what I do on screen.”
This frenzy over this scene was created after the premiere of the film seeing SRK break away from his inhibitions. Katrina on the other hand has done a kissing scene earlier without any “afsos” with Hrithik Roshan in “Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”. What will be worth watching is if SRK will go on a kissing spree or the first kiss will remain his last onscreen.

No comments:

Post a Comment