Tuesday 27 November 2012

I feared I would fall in love with Aamir, Rani Mukherjee



Rani Mukerjee has had her prime time in the Hindi Film Industry. She had proved her acting talent time and again and thus is considered among those actresses who can act.
She has had the opportunity of working with some of the top-notch actors of Bollywood quite early in her career, especially the Khan trio of Salman, Shah Rukh and Aamir. Thus talking about her male co-actors, Rani displayed her awe for actor Aamir Khan since the beginning of her career.  She also displayed her emotion regarding him, saying that she was frightened of falling in love with the actor.
Incidentally, Rani acted with him quite early in her career. It was Vikram Bhatt’s “Ghulam” (1998) that was her third film, and her first commercial success paired up with Aamir Khan onscreen. Recalling her experience from her first film with him she said “When I did my first film with him, I used to look at his shoes as I used to be all tensed and nervous. I was a huge Aamir Khan fan. I had a crush on him. When I had seen QSQT (`Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak`), I was in school." Rani added, “I was very nervous while doing a romantic scene with him. I would look at his shoes because I couldn't look into his eyes because I feared I would fall in love with him.”
She also not quite bashfully said “Now I look into his eyes. I keep gazing into his eyes until he asks me not to.”  Now that both belong to the same field of work and are close friends, she spoke about their equation at length saying “Over the years, Aamir and I have built a friendship which, I would like to believe, is for life. I would like to believe that I will be attending his 80th birthday also.”
Recently the two will be spotted together in the film titled “Talaash”. The film also has Kareena Kapoor sharing screen space with the duo. The film has been directed by Reema Kagti and is being co-produced by Farhan Akhtar and Riteish Sidhwani of Excel Entertainment and Aamir Khan of Aamir Khan Productions. The film is releasing on the 30th of November.
Their last film together had been “Mangal Pandey” that released seven years back and bombed at the box-office. Talking about her reverence for the actor she said, “He was a superstar when I did my first film with him and he is a much bigger superstar even now. His focus, dedication and sincerity towards his craft, his approach towards filmmaking, performance and character, have become greater and bigger with time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment