Tuesday 23 October 2012

Photos: Lisa Ray ties the knot



After the royal wedding of Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor another Bollywood actress and social activist Lisa ray ties the knot with her banker boyfriend Jason Dehni, California on October 20th. Lisa posted picture of her wedding on twitter.
She wore a crystal-encrusted gown by close friend and designer Wendell Rodricks at the white wedding, while for the reception she was seen in an exquisite custom-made Satya Paul sari. Lisa ray wore designer Tarun Tahiliani on sangeet held on October 19.
Lisa Ray tweeted about her wedding, "Wedding rehearsal. Saying #Ido to life. Conquering #MultipleMyeloma one step at a time." (sic)
Lisa informed in the past how Jason proposed her in the beginning of this year while spending a vacation in California’s Napa Valley.
Lisa an Indo Canadian is a cancer survival. She bravely fought against the dreaded disease for 10 months long and survived. She suffered from a rare form of cancer-multiple myeloma.
When she was fighting against the disease, She refused to talk about the pain and the suffering instead she talked of the long road to recovery. "I don't want to think of the chemotherapy treatments and its aftermath. Let's say I have experienced the pain and pitfalls of being diagnosed with cancer and have trounced my condition with flying colours, “she once said during an interview.
Lisa declares that she wants to live life on her own terms. "My universe has certainly turned upside down. I feel more connected with myself now."
Ray who recently featured in a documentary of breast cancer awareness by Indian-American actor and director Namrata Singh Gujral's said, "Through all this I would just wonder how I allowed it to happen to me from years of neglecting my body. Now I intend to have fun and be less hard on myself “. It also features other cancer survivors like actors Olivia Newton John, Barbara Mori and William Baldwin.
lisa ray
lisa ray
lisa ray
lisa ray
lisa ray
lisa ray
lisa ray
lisa ray
lisa ray


No comments:

Post a Comment