Friday 28 September 2012

Yash Chopra says goodbye to direction



Veteran film maker Yash Chopra turned 80 on Thursday. It was indeed a moment to savor for the film industry and the entire country.

The director also received a special treat when he was interviewed by Shahrukh Khan in a small chit-chat. The conversation was around the life that Mr. Chopra has spent in Bollywood. The changing view of the industry through his eyes. How things have changed and also how Shahrukh’s career got a fillip under the YRF (Yash Raj Films) banner.

Yashji also declared that ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’, would be his last film as a director. He said, “Jab Tak Hai Jaan will be my last film as a director. I have got enough love in my 50 years of career. The industry has given me so much. Now I want to encourage and motivate young talent - be it actors, directors or other technicians. I feel accomplished today.”
Yash Chopra started his direction career with Dhool ka Phool in 1959. The movie was very successful. Later on he went on to direct movies which became epics. Like Deewar, which introduced the ‘angry young man’ Amitabh Bachchan. Chandni, Darr, Dil to Pagal hai, Veer Zaara. It’s an endless list of memorable movies.
Speaking on the immense love showered on him by the film fraternity and the films, he said, “This industry has given me so much. I am very much happy and satisfied with the film. This film has turned out better than my expectation. I don't want to do anything else. My wife has been complaining a lot. I want to make her happy and enjoy my life.”
Yashji also said that this film is the one in which he has put his soul. He also thanked his son Aditya Chopra for working as his assistant in this movie.
Yash Chopra wants this movie to be a dessert at the end of a sumptuous meal. He said, “Jis tarah aap khaane main apki sabsey man pasand dish sabsey last khaate ho waise hi Jab Tak Hai Jaan, I think, is that film which I want savor in last. I feel satisfied with Jab Tak Hai Jaan. It has given immense happiness."

He also thanked music director AR Rahman and Lyricist Gulzar. He said they are magicians. It’s Gulzar who actually gives words to his vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment